home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Challenge #74 "Masculine" with Dies R Us!






Hello sweet friends! 
Welcome to a new challenge at Dies R US! Our challenge theme this time around is "Masculine"! We want to see your projects fit for that perfect little boy or man in your life! 

So here are the cards that I created for today's challenge.


I decided to create some shaker cards for Father's day. I haven't made a shaker card in awhile and I wanted something that would be fun and that would stand out this year. So I started with an A2 style white card base made with some GP cardstock. All the patterned paper that I used is from the "Guy Stack" from DCVW paper stack. Both cards are identical with the exception of the recipient and paper colors. I cut out the main layers using Lawn Fawn- Stitched Rectangle Frame Dies. I chose a nice pattern paper for this because I knew my next layer would be a nice solid. And speaking of next layers, this next layer was cut using Die-Versions- Whispers- Brick Background.  I really love this brick background die! It looks so nice on top of that patterned layer. I adhered the brick layer to the main layer and they both were adhered to the card base. 

     

Next I took some of the same pattern paper and cut out some polaroid frames using an Amy T die and I cut this out twice for each card. I also cut out some acetate for the windows. I decided that I wanted my shaker portion to be the inside of the frame where the photo normally would go. The square that gets cut out from the polaroid frame is what I used for the backing. I used a red square for both cards and  I also die cut some scalloped squares in white card stock, to go on top of the red squares. These are for the centers of the shaker and I stamped the "Happy Father's Day" sentiment using black archival ink. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up. I adhered these down together. Next I started to add my foam adhesive all around the frames, put the squares with the sentiment in place, added in my shaker bits and created the shaker. Love it! I used a variation of different sized sequins, sea beads, and logs. I tried to make it very colorful, using lots of primary colors. 

To finish off the cards, I added the little hearts that cut out from making the frames to the front of the frames and added in some glossy accents. To one of the frames, I stamped the word "Dad" also from Stampin' Up and to the other, I die cut the word "Brother" using the Die-Versions- Sweet Wordlets- Brother Die. All of the dies that I used in today's project are highlighted in the links above and can be found HERE. Well that's it my friends! I hope you like and will give creating some masculine shaker cards a try! Here are a couple more photos!

      


Well that is all I have for you today my friends. I appreciate you for taking time out of your day to visit me and see what I am up to. Please don't forget to stop by the Dies R US challenge blog to see what the rest of my design team sisters have created for you today. And make sure to link up your own project too! And for more inspiration, check out the Dies R US Inspiration blog . You will find yourself browsing for awhile. There are so many gorgeous projects that will surely inspire you! Thanks again for stopping by!


I would like to play along in the following challenges:

Until next time, Enjoy life's blessings~



4 comments:

  1. Awesome set of shaker cards! They will love those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some awesome Shakers Jo! Fun & COOL! Have a great day!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic shaker cards!!I love shaker cards!! It is my favorite card to make lately!!Love the DCWV papers and brick background too!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~